I have recently been reading about the medicinal benefits of olive leaf. It can be sipped as a tea or swallowed in compounded powder capsules. The common denominator for the articles I have read are:
1. Antidote for chronic fatigue
2. Antibacterial – even for Lyme disease (and for side effects, the only things cited are the Herx Reaction)
3. Antifungal (since this Lyme business has started for me some years ago, I have had a stubborn fungal infection on one foot – the toes are disgusting and the skin is leathery)
4. Antiviral (since Lyme, I have been susceptible to warts – on my feet and one on my finger)
5. Immune system boost
6. Anti-inflammatory (says it is great for arthritis)
This ALL sounds good. I found two articles that are NOT from vitamin-pushing ‘store’ websites.
This article comes from a sales site, but it seems most extensive: http://curezone.com/foods/oliveleaf.asp
Is there anyone out there who has attempted olive leaf to treat Lyme? Please contact me if you have experience – good, bad, or even the middle of the road. Thanks!